- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the sauce.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cornflour, Chinese five-spice, pepper and chilli powder. Tip the seasoned cornflour onto a plate and use it to coat the beef slices.
- In a small pan, heat the sesame oil and lightly sauté the vegetables for a few minutes, keeping them nice and crisp.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. Place one strip of beef in the hot oil to check if it’s hot enough and sizzling. When ready, fry the beef strips until nice and crisp. (Cook the strips in 2 batches to ensure crispiness). Remove them with a slotted spoon and place them on kitchen paper. Discard the cooking oil.
- When ready to serve, return the beef strips to the pan, add the sauce ingredients and heat through over a high heat for 1 minute.
- Serve the beef with boiled rice and the crispy vegetables, and top with the sesame seeds.