Suitable for slow cooking on the hob or in the oven. If oven cooked preheat the oven 180°C/ Gas Mark 5.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the diced porc until browned. Remove.
- In same pan fry the onions and garlic until lightly browned. Add the meat back into the pan.
- Add the spice and stir for a few minutes, then add the tomatoes, stock, sultanas and apricots. Transfer into a lidded saucepan if simmering on the hob or into a lidded ovenproof dish if cooking in oven.
- Cook for 1 ½ – 2 hours until meat is tender.
- Remove lid and add the couscous, chickpeas and orange. Continue to cook until all the liquid has been absorbed – approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped mint and flaked almonds.