- Make the sauce by heating the oil in a pan and fry the onion for a few minutes to soften and start to colour, add the garlic and ginger and cook for few minutes.
- Add the curry powder and flour and stir for a minute – slowly add the stock stirring all the time to avoid any lumps.
- Add the honey and soy sauce, boil and then simmer for approximately 10 minutes. You may need to add more water if it is a bit thick. If you want a smooth sauce place in a blender.
- Take the steaks out of the fridge 20 minutes prior to cooking.
- Put the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in 3 different shallow bowls or plates.
- Dip the steaks in the flour, then the egg and then in the breadcrumbs ensuring they’re all coated.
- To cook, gently heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the steaks over a low-medium heat until cooked – approximately 4-5 minutes each side. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with sticky rice and the delicious katsu curry sauce and a nice crisp salad or slaw.